Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year

Wow, how creative. Oh well, still feeling a little funky. Unfortunately, not from drinking, but from the sore throat and blocked left nostril I woke up with on New Year's Eve.

Still had a blast on New Year's.

Funkle Ester played a fantastic hotel show - you know the kind expensive ticket, dinner, open bar, 15 bands, 10 different ballrooms. What a blast. They played three sets, all incredible. It's always just so much fun. Currently my favorites are Sir Duke, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, 25 or 6 to 4, and Upside Down. I still haven't heard them play Pick Up the Pieces. It's kindof become this running joke. They've played the song several times, all at shows I've either missed entirely or left early. I don't think I'll ever hear them play that.

Anyway, Dave played an awesome solo on Miss You. So that was fun to watch. He just started playing that recently. Before, the guitarist solo'ed there.

Pictures in the posts above.

No comments: