Thursday, January 20, 2005

Seriously lacking inspiration...

OK, so I really haven't had any feeling to write this week. Honestly. It's not like there's nothing going on, but I just haven't been inspired.

So, tonight, with the very green Zhen Papaya Enzyme Mask on my face, I will write.

What has happened since the last time I blogged? A lot, actually. Well, not a lot, but something fun. Dave and I went to the Bahamas for three days. So much fun. It was a work incentive trip, so there were 17 people, 10 of whom I work with and 7 spouses. Unbelievably fun. What a great crowd this was. Everyone was so laid back.

The key to good group traveling is people being relaxed. Surprisingly difficult to find in a travel situation. But this was the group.

We flew into the Melbourne airport on Thursday morning, then took a bus to Port Canaveral to get on the boat and leave for Nassau at 5pm Thursday night. Someone missed the first flight, but made it onto the second flight, so all was good. First drama. First realization that this would be a great trip.

Everyone gets on the boat. Disney cruises are fantastic. If you've only been on Carnival, you probably think it's great - even in a horribly tacky way. But not after going on another cruise ship. Anyway, even with the majority of the boat under 12 years old, we had a great time. They don't miss a detail.

On Nassau, 8 of us rented scooters, but got separated at a traffic light very early on. Again, an opportunity for major drama that never materialized. YAY. Dave and I, and one of my coworkers rode on and covered practically the whole island in a span of 7 hours. The best part, though, was the superbly formal lunch at the Graycliff Inn while wearing tshirts and baseball caps with two attendants in white tuxedo coats at our table. After we at a lunch of lobster bisque, conch chowder, grouper fingers, shrimp linguini, and the most wonderul coffee I've ever had in my life - Cuban coffee sweetened with raw brown sugar - we took to the cigar factory and smoking lounge. What a lovely lunch hour(s). After lunch, we rode around some more, bought some Cuban cigars (one that Dave has been searching for for 10 years), and headed back to the boat.

Later that evening, our scooter companion cracked his head open on the side of the pool and required 13 stitches. We're talking a 3-4" gash on the top of his head. Instance 3 of potential drama that came out alright. Thank goodness HR wasn't on the trip, though.

The next day was on Castaway Cay - Disney's private island. After our deep sea fishing trip, on which I caught the smallest fish of the day, we move on to the adult beach. And did absolutely nothing. Well, Dave snorkeled and took some fun pictures, but the water was too cold for me. So I sat in a chair by the shoreline, and just relaxed.

That evening we hit 10-20' seas. The waves were crashing up to the fourth deck while the Falcons were beating the crap out of St. Louis. After the game, the whole group went to the top deck to watch the waves. We ended up watching the pool empty halfway out and crash up against each side. It was incredible. Then, I decided to go down to the fourth deck to watch more waves. Got there, turned to go out on deck, and it hit me. I hauled ass down two flights of stairs, ran from the front of the boat to the middle, tried my key card three damn times in the lock, busted into my room, straight to the toilet, and puked my brains out. Boy did that feel good. Then I went to bed as the ocean rocked me to sleep.

We got up the next morning and headed back home. It was a short trip, but it was wonderful.

So, this week, all I've been doing at work is catching up. Not to mention our network has been down, so it's taking me four times as long to get anything done.

Ah, but today, my boss told me that his goal is to visit every one of our distributors this year. Being that they are my responsibility, I'd be going as well. (And Dave). If I can make this happen, I will visit four other continents in 12 months!!!!!!!! All on the company dime. Of course, I'll be working most of the time, but still - Australia, England, South Africa, and India. The tentative plan is to make it in two trips - Australia and India, then England and South Africa. Dave will most likely have to pick one of the trips, not both.

I know I said I'm not inspired, and you may wonder why, since I'm looking at a trip like this. But we had this discussion last year about Australia, and that didn't happen. When I'm on the plane, I'll get inspired. But I am just a teeny tiny bit excited about the prospect.


2 comments:

Russell said...

Hey, send me an email to russell.sauve@cingular.com.

It is the only email I can check from work. I read your reply via a cell phone :-)

Anonymous said...

Desidero appena ottenere tutta la ricerca del boat cape charter cod fishing allontanato.Respectfully, Missy boat cape charter cod fishing