Tuesday, January 25, 2005

24 24 24 24 24

Best episode of 24 last night. EVER.

If you ever have just tons of time on your hands, you must check out www.televisionwithoutpity.com. The recaps are long - up to 12 pages, but their writers are hysterical. Just one or two excerpts from previous recaps of 24:

“She gets up and slowly approaches TerrorTeen, bugging her eyes at him so far out that they're practically prehensile. "What to you want me to do?" she asks. "Talk to him," TerrorTeen says. "He'll listen to you." Yes, the voice of moderation in this scenario is the person who hasn't blinked in ten minutes.”

“Potato Face hopes Kiefer didn't rat her out, since she's "not in the mood for a confrontation." She has other moods?”

I laughed out loud at this one:
“Kiefer 2.0 signs out a weapon at the counter, while Famous Original Kiefer dumps his garment bag there to be checked. Kiefer has changed out of his suit and into more casual clothes, including a five-eighths-length coat that has the unfortunate effect of making him look even shorter. As if putting him next to Kiefer 2.0 wasn't bad enough. Kiefer 2.0 tells Kiefer that he doesn't agree with Driscoll's decision, and that he's going to be giving the orders. Kiefer agrees, and explains why he busted in on Kiefer 2.0's questioning and maimed his suspect earlier. "Apology accepted," Kiefer 2.0 says, "but if you try to exceed my authority again I will stop you cold." He holds Kiefer's upturned gaze for a moment, then walks on. Kiefer watches expressionlessly, then scurries on his bitty little legs to catch up. Okay, I'll stop now. It's 8:27:24.”

5 comments:

Russell said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Last night's episode was fantastic and it came at the best time. I had found myself feeling a little let down this season, but no more. I can't wait until next weeks episode of the Jack Bauer Power Hour.

Captain said...

While I agree that that was the best episode in years on this show,
I still say you 24heads need a hobby......
LIKE XBOX!!!!!

Then people wouldn't be making up mean nicknames like:

"Whitney the no-thumbed monkey"

and

"Russ the Rocket Sponge"

WOOHOO! My job sucks!!!!

Captain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Russell said...

I've been called worse and Dave, guess what activity helps pass the time at a job that sucks, give up? BLOGGING!!!!

Captain said...

Just trying to keep the darkness to a minimum since it "scares" people on the blogspot. And let's face it, darkness is all I got here. I'll blog soon, but it will most likely begin with "Free at last, free at last" etc.