Monday, January 10, 2005

YAY!

24 was amazing, as usual. Damn. What a show.

OK, so today was very productive, even though the early part was exceedingly frustrating. Went to buy supplies for organizaing our office. This room is a disaster. It has been collecting crap for almost two years. So I set aside today to get it cleaned. Went and bought hanging file inserts for the file cabinet we have that does not have said inserts.

Get home. They are 3/4" too long. DAMNIT! Must now take them back and go get plastic bins, since this size is the only one they had. Take two HOURS to do this, because a) Dave is driving and b) we must eat lunch. I love my husband dearly. Dearly. Seriously. But let me tell you. He loves to just drive. If he thinks the place we need to go is in one direction, he will head in that direction until told there's no way in freakin Hell that it's this way. BUT, he'll act like he knows where he's going. So I don't ask until we've gone 10 miles. At which point he says, "I don't know where I'm going." UGH. So we've gone 10 miles "looking" for an Office Depot that he thought was closer than the one at which I purchased the inserts, which is 6 miles in the OTHER direction. We manage to make a big circle, and get to the original OD about an hour later. Keep in mind that we both have issues with blood sugar and our moods. Something about a corn cob up my ass is mentioned. His wondering how big it is, in particular. Yes, by all means, that's the way to put me in a better mood.

Remember that I'm trying to tackle the office that 2 years of packrat hell hit, and it's already 1:30. And 24 comes on at 8. Seems like a long time, but you haven't seen this room.

Anyway, we arrive at OD to make the trade, and get lunch at the Subway next door, by 2pm. The Subway with the kid on meth who couldn't make eye contact with either one of us, while flirting with the two ladies in front of us in line who've already gotten their food and paid for it!!!! Not the day, kid. Seriously.

Home by 2:30-3ish. I begin.

This room is about 12x12. Not big, right? Ah, but you see, there's a mountain of filing not done in front of the only possible storage space, so that the door can't even open. It's horrible. Anyway. I begin. One huge bag of trash, some major dusting, organization, and total reshuffle of the desk, and it's 90% done. The pile of filing is still in front of the closet door, but you can see the desk, the shelves, two filing cabinets, and 80% of the floor now. Yay.

You can also see another filing cabinet that I open to begin filing - not the one I bought and returned the hanging file inserts for - to discover that this one does not have the capability to handle hanging files, either. And it's about 1-2" deeper than the other cabinet. You've got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! I could have kept those damn inserts? Ugh, again. Was meant to be. I wouldn't have gotten the plastic filing containers, which enabled me to set aside a bunch of files for attic storage. So yay. I'll go back and get those inserts - AGAIN - tomorrow. Then I will begin filing the two years' worth of paperwork that's piled up. Hppefully at least 40% of this will be trash, anyway. Then I'll be able to get into the closet to use that for storage of the other few things that I don't have a place for.

Now that I think about it, I really wish I had before and after pictures. Oh well.

I would have begun filing in the two cabinets that can handle the hanging files, but alas 24 came on. There is no pre-empting 24 in my life.

After 24, I balanced the bank accounts - 3 checking, 3 savings, two car payments, 3 credit cards (three more can't be balanced because their damn website is down) - which hasn't been done in over a month.

So it turns out to be a day of lots getting done, but nothing getting finished. Normally, that bugs the crap out of me. But today, I got so much done, that I'm ok with it not being quite finished.



9 comments:

galarza said...

wow, whit, that's some blog. its so detailed, i feel like i was there.

Russell said...

but wait; were not you there?

Russell said...

BTW, who is Harvey and how do you know he is real?

Whitney said...

stacy was not on the adventure to the office supply store.

harvey is jimmy stewart's "imaginary" rabbit (6'5") in the movie of the same name.

so, let me know if you still want to come over. i'll send directions. which road is easier for you to get to - 120 or 92?

Russell said...

It's up to ya'll, whether we come up or not, we don't want to be an inconvenience. Or ya'll can come down here, it doesn't matter. Plus, I haven't been able reach Ln yet today, so we might not make it anyways.

galarza said...

well, i've been here since january of 2004, and as far as i know im not an inconvenience. yet. so there's no way in hell that you guys could inconvenience when i've already done it on such a grand scale.

Whitney said...

no, it wouldn't be an inconvenience. actually, it would be quite fun. i can get stuff for burgers on the way home. mmmm.

Russell said...

Dave just called, we'll be there with bells on as soon as Ln gets home from work. Dave said he's going to grill, so we'll bring enough beer to make Millie look hot.

Russell said...

Blog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog BlogBlog Blog