Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Cough cough, hack hack

Will try to post pictures from the trip tonight, but we’ll see how that goes. You see, there’s a bottle of cough medicine with codeine in it, waiting for me at the pharmacy. It literally has my name on it. I can’t wait to meet him. Yay.

So, yeah, that’s really my big news. I’ve been sick for over a week now, and finally got my ass to the doctor, after my 5th night in a row of waiting up in fits of coughing. No fun. And now I’ve pulled a rib muscle from it. Joy.

In spite of this, the daytime is generally cough-free, and so I was able to enjoy the majority of our trip to St. Simon’s Island. We went down to Amelia Island (our puppy’s namesake), rented bikes and rode around Jekyll Island, rented kyaks and paddled around St. Simons, then stopped in Savannah (a friend’s dog’s namesake) and walked around. So you’ll see, there was a lot of doing things around islands. Probably not great for my bronchial issue, but I wasn’t going to spend my vacation in the hotel room.

2 comments:

galarza said...

you know, i saw you this morning hacking up a lung. pretty.

Whitney said...

it doesn't feel good, either.