Monday, March 21, 2005

Catching up

Let’s see, I’m finally getting over this cold that I’ve had for three weeks. Yippeee! Two nights in a row without cough medicine. This is a milestone.

What else. I just found out that a couple of my coworkers also love House. That fabulous show on Fox – Tuesday nights at 9. It’s a must watch. Dr. Gregory House is one of the best characters on tv. No question about it. Currently, he is only beaten out by Jack Bauer. Seems I’m quite the Fox fan. All three of my regular shows are on the networkArrested Development (characters named Maybe, GeorgeMichael, Gob, and Buster), 24, and House. Two of the most original shows on tv, and one of the most fantastic characters. Wonderful stuff.

Finally, the thing that everyone is talking about: Terri Shiavo. No link because I can't find a single un-biased story at this point. I can’t comment about this specifically because I sit squarely on the fence on this one. I have major issues with Congress butting in after courts in the double-digits have made decisions on this, and the Supreme Court has rejected it. However, the legislative arguments aside, I certainly understand both sides, and not being a neurologist, I just can’t bring myself to come down with either argument. However, what I can do is get a living will put into place. I sat down Friday night to do this. Of course, the simplified verbiage in the questionnaire proved too difficult for me to decifer. So, it seems I’m in for a call to the lawyer to clarify. Scary thing is that she was only 26 when this happened to her. Dave and I should have done this long ago. But we are now, so there it is. I strongly encourage everyone out there to make your wishes known, in writing. Be very clear, so that you’re not left as a pawn between parents and a spouse who disagree.

No comments: