Monday, May 21, 2007

Airport Blogging

So, check on the time on this post. I'm posting this from Logan Airport in Boston on the first beautful day since we've been here. And we've spent in in the airport since 8:30am.

This is what can happen when we try to save a couple hundred (well, about $400 when you take both of us into account) by flying buddy passes. I've never had to wait past the third flight after arriving at the airport, but today, we're about to miss our fifth flight on the stand-by list. Every single flight since the 9:45 flight has been overbooked. And so are the rest. If we don't get on this one, we'll put our names on the list for the 6AM flight tomorrow morning, and miss a little bit of work.

But, hey, what are you going to do, right?

In spite of the horrible weather, Boston was amazing. We were here to attend and stand up for my God-daughter's baptism. WOW, if you ever have the chance to attend a Catholic baptism service, let me recommend that you not do it. Or at least that you find out what you're in for before you do. I wasn't ready for a 90 minute service, that's for sure. I didn't mind it, though, since it was for the lovely munchkin. It was just really really long.

We have had a nice time, though, and will get to watch 24 tonight with fellow 24 fans, so that will be awesome. We just have to get up super early in the morning. My friend is a wonderful person for hosting us, bringing us to the airport and then picking us up again (in a little while), then bringing us back tomorrow - all with a sick baby girl. I'll post some pictures of the little one as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Dave said...

... and what better airport to be stuck in for hours than Logan (vomit).

Sorry your weather was crappy, but glad you had fun nonetheless!