Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Pics and misc stuff

In kind of an odd place lately - if you haven't noticed. We've gotten a long way in a couple of big projects - house makeover and debt reduction (they may seem mutually exclusive, but they're not) - and it's strange. I should be happy, thrilled, with how much we've done over the last five years. And, yes, I am, but I'm also getting more and more anxious about both. I think it's that we can really see the light at the end of these tunnels, and I'm just waiting for something to come up to thow a big old wrench in both of them. Probably in one fell swoop. Sorry to be such a downer.

I had a weird day, today. A friend was in the running for a job, and was unceremoniously dumped from the process. I get business decisions, and I get that things come up; I'm not angry with anyone in particular, but I'm furious with the way things happened and environments where someone cannot be told honestly why they were pulled from an opportunity at the very end.

Oh well. I promised some pictures from recent travels. Another disappointment. Damn. There aren't any that I particularly love in the recent batches. That's unusual. I've posted some that'll illustrate our trips pretty well, though, considering the fact that the crop wasn't all that great this time around.


Does the Obama poster image creep anyone else out - just a little bit?
Check out the shot of the boat in the marina at Isle of Palms. Couldn't resist that one.












1 comment:

Bean said...

So that's where my boat went...I've been wondering about that ;)