Sunday, February 04, 2007

Let's see ... what is there to talk about

I believe I owe you guys a few posts. I promised to talk about my geeky mission/vision/values. I promised to talk about other stuff, too, but I can't remember what, so I'll start with the MVV.

As a small recap, last year was amazing, but really felt like complete chaos. Because of that, and because of decisions that are looming, I felt like the best way to help me stay focused was to really sit down and think about where I am, want to be, and what "things" in life are most meaningful to me.

Some of this may come as a surprise (at least the language) to some of you, but my politics haven't changed. None of this reflects how I expect others to lead their own lives, only how I need to focus on my own life.

Mission
I strive to live a life of meaningful relationships with Christ, Alone at Sea, my family, and friends. I will be a positive force in the lives of those around me. I will embrace those things that inspire and fulfill my life, and I will eliminate distractions.

Vision
I will live near the ocean where I can enjoy a peaceful and inpsired life as a loving wife and mother. I will be an active member of my church and community.

Values
Christ-centered life
Fulfilling relationships
Good health through enjoyable exercise
A meaningful career with personal impact on clients
Art: musical, visual, literary, and culinary
Adventure in travel and photography

They sound so formal, and corporate, but I really couldn't come up with a better way to word them. So, anyway, for those of you who care, there they are.

No comments: