Thursday, November 02, 2006

Quick Update

OK, the last month has been nuts, but the last two weeks, Dave and I have both been sick and pretty much went straight to the couch then to bed every night after work. And something is up with blogger and my work servers, and I can no longer post from there.
Let's see ...
I passed my class.
Now I'm in class two of six: Insurance and Risk Management. (fun fun)
Still waffling, though, on the final decision.
On Monday I officially worked more in one 24-hour period than ever before (and hopefully ever again). We had a release for one of our largest clients on Monday night, and I was part of the team on this project. They are on the pacific coast. I worked a regular day from 9 to about 5:15, went to the first half of my class, and got back to work right at 8pm for the start of the release. One of the three vendors on this project took from 8-midnight to release their part. Then our part began. We were done in about an hour. Then we tested, fixed and called it a successful release at 5:02am Eastern. Holy shit! If you'd told me even six months ago that I would ever work until 5am (actually at work), I wouldn't have believed you. But it somehow happened. And it's kind of funny, but it really wasn't all that bad. The worst was driving home, then trying to get to sleep before the sun came up. I slept until about 10:30, then got up and got dressed for Halloween (cowgirl - chaps and all - didn't have to buy a thing - pictures later). I also loaded up the fabo "triple threat" chili that Dave made for my company's contest, and headed back to work around noon. I was surprisingly alert all day.
And now it's late on Wednesday night, too, so I better get to sleep.
I'll try not to stay away so long next time.

No comments: