Thursday, November 30, 2006

Prayer Request

You know, I don't usually do this, but in the midst of all my lately worrying about
how are we going to get our house in order, save money, pay off debt, pay for Dave to go to chef school, my job for next year and whether we can handle a pay cut for me to be happier in what I do every day, and my job the year after that and whether we're ready to take the risk of a drastic career change, and add to all of this the thought of babies...

I get a long email from a high school classmate and former coworker. Most of it:
... my brother Grant was diagnosed with Cancer this week. He went in Monday because he was having pains in his shoulder and abdomen. This was sudden and very unexpected.

He has tumors on his liver, his chest, and they belive there is cancer in his bones as well. He had a biopsi today and we have the consult with the doctor on Monday to discuss what treatment options we have.

As of right now, the prognosis does not look good. BUT I believe in miracles and right now we need a miracle. So many of you have asked what you can do for him and for me, please pray for him. Pray for guidance of his doctors, pray for God's healing power, pray for his strenght to get through this. Grant is 39. He has two little boys... [H]is wife has been so strong and so wonderful. For those of you how know Grant personally, you know that he is someone that fills a room and makes you feel like a life long friend when you shake his hand for the first time...

One of Grant's sayings that he has up everywhere in his office and at home is ...PMA - Positive Mental Attitude. Please pray for him and share with your own churches and friends this prayer we have.


Genetically, I seem to be lucky, and there has been very little cancer in my family. I've been pretty sheltered from cancer my entire life. But now, as I've become and adult (gasp), I hear about it more and more from those around me. A friend from college was recently diagnosed with stage IV cancer at 31, and a friend's aunt has more than 100 stage III tumors in her abdomen and kidneys. My friends moms have had it, but then, even at it's worst, I'm now ashamed to say that I felt somewhat removed from it.

Not anymore. So please, if you are someone who prays, and maybe even if you're not, please pray for Grant Wells and for his family and doctors.

No comments: