Monday, August 08, 2005

Yeah, yeah, yeah

I know it's been a while. I guess there's been a lot going on, but not much to really write about. We've successfully painted our living room and dining room now. The den is next, then the hallway, entryway, spare bedroom/current office, downstairs bath, and finally the kitchen. Then installing a new sliding glass door, banister, and fixing the shower downstairs. Oh, and new hardwoods where to old furnace killed our existing ones. Exciting, huh?

Let's see, last weekend, we stayed at the Ritz Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation. Wow. Fantastic place. If you ever have the occasion to stay there on someone else's tab, by all means, do NOT pass it up. If you ever have the occasion and pocket money to stay there on your own tab, I recommend it.

We shot our last wedding. Woohooooo! It went very well, and the pictures are lovely.

And the company I work for successfully began the merger process with another company. This is very exciting news, and I think the combined company will be one to be reckoned with in our industry. However, during a conference call with my new boss, he let slip something that my old boss hadn't yet let me in on. I was very much aware that my role will be changing, as they have someone at that company that does something similar to me. He's actually at a director level, though. Yikes. But what I didn't know was how significantly. Turns out, they are taking away my most lucrative business to let me focus on that in which I am not strong. My heart almost came out of my mouth. Let me say, though, that this company has always treated me extremely well, and given me nothing but opportunities to prove myself, contribute, and earn more money. As a matter of fact, I have the opportunity this year to earn a decent chunk of change in bonuses. That's what scares me to death. It's the partners I'm giving up that earn me those bonuses, not to mention trips to Australia and England. I'm terrified. This week should be interesting. I get to learn more about "the plan." I sure as hell hope the plan includes things staying the same through the end of the year and a nice little salary increase to make up for lost bonus pay next year. Somehow I doubt it. I imagine they are going to give me some new goals and new bonus opportunities. I just know that I don't like the idea of losing those that I've become adept at dealing with, and that have proven successful pieces of our business strategy worldwide.

Anyway, it's way past time for bed.

No comments: