Saturday, April 04, 2009

playlist

This must be a record for blog posts in two days.

I've always known that I want children, and I listen to a lot of music. So, over the years, as I've heard songs that are about being a parent, written for children, or about the lessons we learn in life, I've stored them away in the back of my mind. Then a couple years ago, I started building a "Little One" play list.

Now, as the birth of my own child approaches - wow that was strange to type out - I'm obviously even more attached to these songs that I've collected over the years.

Without further ado, my Little One play list, so far:

"A Magic Moment" clip from Mad About You
Wonderland ... The American - Angie Aparo
Little Miss Magic - Jimmy Buffett
When You Come Back Down - Nickel Creek
Child, You're the Revolution - Angie Aparo
Never Gonna Fly - Radney Foster
The Cape - Guy Clark
Delaney Talks to Statues - Jimmy Buffett
Sweet Baby James - James Taylor
Lullabye - Ben Folds Five
Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) - Radney Foster
(new addition) It Won't Be Like This for Long - Darius Rucker
(new addition) Bella's Lullaby - Twilight Soundtrack

(and my favorite) The Things We've Handed Down - Marc Cohn

2 comments:

Russell said...

Why is there no disco?

Whitney said...

babies and studio 54 didn't really go together.