Thursday, May 29, 2008

Better than expected

This is one of my favorite phrases, and my life used to allow me to say it more often than not. Lately, life's been kind of "eh". I can't complain, but nothing really better than expected.

With that said, this past weekend beat expectations by a mile, and I had some high expectations.

First of all, I crushed last year's time in the triathlon by more than five minutes. This actually inspires me to train, because if I train, I can't even imagine what I could do.

Secondly, I loved Indy 4, loved the theater, and loved the food we ate before the movie.

Thirdly, we loved the theater so much that we went back the next night and saw Iron Man. Guess what. We loved that, too.

All in all, it was an amazing weekend, spent with my adoring husband and two of his best friends, who were acting - pretty much the entire time - like American Monty Python rejects. That is a compliment.

No comments: