Thursday, April 05, 2007

Creepy is really the only word I can think of right now ...

but I'm sure more will come to me.

News from the BBC indicates that England's surveillance program is getting more and more surreal by the day. At first I thought this was a story leftover from April Fool's Day, but it doesn't seem to be.

As if cameras all over the place aren't bad enough. There is then the fact that some have operators monitoring them who yell at people when they see them doing something bad. Oh, but it gets so much better than that.

Competitions would also be held at schools in many of the areas for
children to become the voice of the cameras, [Home Secretary] Reid said...

There are an estimated 4.2 million CCTV cameras in Britain.

A recent study by the government's privacy watchdog, the Information
Commissioner, warned that Britain was becoming a "surveillance society".

I've got news for them. Britain has already become a surveillance society. And a creepy surveillance society with little British children serving as the voice of Big Brother.

1 comment:

Russell said...

That might be the scariest thing ever. I bet that we'll be there soon enough.