Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Album Project

You may have seen on facebook that I'm working on digitizing my record collection.  I'll try to track the project here.

Last night was the first effort, and it took a while to finally nail down the right software and process.  With a little help from Dave - just one last setting - I'm there and really ready to go. 

Album 1, recorded March 30, 2011: Greatest Hits - Kenny Rogers
Album 2, recorded March 31, 2011: Thriller - Michael Jackson
Album 3, recorded March 31, 2011: No Jacket Required - Phil Collins

The initial part of this project will be my albums.  This is just a handful of records from the late 70s and early 80s.  The next round will be albums that my mom recently gave me (the largest collection - probably 30 or 40), and then, finally, the rest will be the albums that came in a record cabinet handed down from my Great Aunt Lou.

No comments: