Wednesday, December 30, 2009

J's Three Month Letter

December 29, 2009

Dear J,

Today is my second day back at work, and I miss your smile so much during the day. I even miss your frown, your pouty bottom lip, and your cries. But it hasn’t been as hard as I thought it would be. I know that you are waiting for me when I get home, and that makes my time away from you OK. I think it also helps that I know you’re home with your daddy this week. That’s a nice way to ease into this new arrangement.

Next week you start daycare, and I know they are going to take great care of you. It’s going to be hard, too, but here’s the way I figure it: we are simply loaning you to them three days a week. You are such an amazing little being that it’s our obligation to share you with the world, and, right now, the part of the world we will share you with is the group of people at Brookside Academy. Your daddy thinks that they should actually be paying us for the privilege of spending time with you each day.

You smile all the time now, and your laugh is hilarious, because you can’t quite laugh yet. You just do this big inhale thing, and the breath gets caught in your throat. You even chatter a bit now, especially when you’re hungry. You just babble on (loudly) until that bottle arrives.

You sit up pretty well with the help of your new Bumbo seat, and you’re loving the bouncy seat with its little animals that dangle from above and make noise when you shake them. Christmas was nice, but not overkill, since you’re a bit too young to understand it all anyway. You got some cute clothes, a couple toys, a Peanuts book, and your Great Aunt Becky sent a sign that we’ll hang in your room:

Boy: (noun), a noise with dirt on it

I’m so excited for the days when that is really true, but for now, I’m enjoying every minute of right now – because it’s already flying by.

Love,
Mom

No comments: