Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Way We Were

This movie was referenced in Sex and the City, and it was on the other night. I'm watching it now, and it's really great. You have to like movies with tons of dialogue and the sort of overbearing score that movies tended to have in the 70s. But there are some amazing scenes. Barbara Streisand isn't my favorite, though I can't imagine anyone else in the role. Robert Redford is definitely the star. The scene of the two of them after he breaks up with her in New York is just incredible - amazing writing. I think we've all had that conversation after the fact of a break-up has really hit us, and we try to convince ourselves and the other person that we can make it work.

And Robert Redford wearing various Navy uniforms during the entire first half doesn't hurt either.

Yeah, I know it's late, but the big work project comes to an end (hopefully) this weekend. I'm trying to wrap up loose ends, and that means working early, working late, and working this weekend.

No comments: