Thursday, January 10, 2008

Revelation

I’ve finally realized that as long as I’m in my current job, I will not work out at night. Being the morning person that I am, I have put off the decision to work out in the morning for quite some time. But, well, I can’t any longer. I want to get back into shape and stop being so squishy. I want my resting heart rate to be below 90. I want to get enough sleep, and I want to feel good all day long.

While soccer is my favorite way to stay in shape, cycling is a close second. I’m not willing to risk my life on the road with all the SUVs in Alpharetta, though, so I’ve opted for a spin class. It’s at 5:45 am, and so far this week I’ve gone Tuesday and Thursday. I like the instructor, and two days a week is plenty.

I’ll let you know if I keep it up, and if I end up with monster cycling thighs like I did last time I was riding regularly. This should be interesting.

No comments: